Saturday, March 7, 2009


So, you basically cannot see the date on this coin at all....but I tried. Here's the story: (Zack's gonna love this!) I was in my physical therapy for about 40 minutes, and when I came out, right next to my car was this bright shiny coin. It looked fake to me, at first. I looked around the street, to see if anybody was looking on the ground, etc...when I picked it up, I noticed how heavy it was, and it's size is an inch and a 1/2 in diameter. Then I looked at the date: 1881. I did a double take...like the cartoons. I thought to myself, "Naw...it looks too shiny to be that old. Must be a fake, or something." Didn't think much about it again, until a few days later, I remembered I had it, and showed it to some friends. They told me to look it up, and see what it's worth. Come to find out, it IS real. It's a real silver dollar from 1881, and a used coin like this goes for $150-200 on Ebay. Can you believe it?!? The ones that are packaged up nicley with certificates and such go for $700-$800! And this coin is in GREAT shape! Craig told me, "Shine that baby up, and sell it!" My lucky day, I guess. I've been very lucky since I've turned my life around, or should I say very blessed. I keep getting little rewards like this dropping into my lap...I must be living my life right! Good Karma!

2 comments:

J.D. said...

Yea, here's the thing lady, I saw your blog and I'm pretty sure I dropped that coin, so give it back!

Chalstrom Family said...

Wow! Let me know what you get for it!!!!! That IS good luck!!!!!